I've been asked to rescue an authors' blog following a sketchy plugin explosion. Following their debacle, one of the things that occurred is that all of the comments made by members are being held for moderation & I can't figure out how to fix this. The settings are properly configured to allow a user with a previously approved comment to post without going into moderation, there are no URL's in the comments held (all comments are being held), but the issue still persists. Is there a common error with relation to this?
There are essentially two scenarios here:
- The behavior is technically correct, you interpret configuration incorrectly
- The behavior is technically incorrect, as caused by something
Unfortunately there are a lot of moving part in processing the comment submissions.
The part most relevant to moderation is in
- if moderation is enabled
- if comment contains excessive number of links
- if comment contains blacklisted words
- if moderation is loosened for known commenters
This involves multiple options and some filters, any of which could be going wrong. Beyond this it's impossible to make a better guess, it will need hands on debug.