So we are using SVN in order to manage three Wordpress environments. One for development, one for testing and the productive environment.
I am relatively new to SVN so still struggling with certain things.
Here is the workflow I have been using to update some of the plugins we are using:
- Delete local folder of the plugin
- Commit the delete to our SVN repo
- Copy a new folder to the local location
- Right click on the folder and select "add"
- Commit the "add" to the SVN repo
- Then login through terminal on our development server and do "svn update"
- Make sure everything works
- If everything works I then locally merge from dev to staging and commit, and then merge from testing to productive and commit
I am sure I am missing something here because from time to time I get the following error when trying to do "svn update" on the dev, testing or productive environment:
Tree conflict (local dir unversioned, incoming dir add upon update) for location wp-content/plugins/ExamplePlugin/ExampleSubDir
I then have to bother our IT department to help me out of the mess.
Please let me know where I am going wrong and what the best approach should be and why.