I just recieved an email that asked the following question:
"How much will cost to code a WordPress theme?"
I cannot answer this question without know the answer to a plethora of other questions. I cam up with the following off the top of my head:
- What browsers/devices need to be supported?
- What core WordPress functionality needs to be supported?
- What template files need to be created?
- Are there and custom page templates?
- Is the theme to be internationalized?
- Does the theme offer functionality outside the scope of WordPress core?
- How complex is the design?
- What level of accessibility is expected?
- How much of WordPress functionality is represented in the PSD?
Unfortunately, I do not have all of these written down anywhere and I'm sure that I am missing very important things. To save me time in the future as well as to help other freelancers, I thought it might be a good idea for everyone to list the questions they ask potential clients when asked to develop a theme from an unknown design.