I need to get this set up ASAP and cannot seem to figure out how to do this after searching and searching.
I am using a WordPress install mostly as a CMS. I would like to have two separate areas on my site for blogs that do not share posts. When going to mydomain.com, it should show a custom page (nothing to do with a blog). I have this working fine, but I need to make it so /blog will show posts from my company and /photography/blog will show posts only related to photography.
.htaccess doesn't have anything except the code WordPress said to put in it. Whenever I go to mydomain.com/blog, it forwards me to a post instead of showing me a list of posts/summaries like mydomain.com on a fresh WordPress install.
How can I fix this? My URLs are set up under Reading and Permalinks to look like the following.
- Static FrontPage: http://www.mydomain.com
- Blog Home Page: http://www.mydomain.com/blog
- Blog Category Page: http://www.mydomain.com/blog/category/general
- Blog Tags Page: http://www.mydomain.com/blog/tag/WordPress
- Post Page: http://www.mydomain.com/blog/2009/06/WordPress-cms-blog
How can I follow the format below so my posts on Photography will remain separate from my company's posts?
- Blog Home Page: http://www.mydomain.com/photography/blog
- Blog Category Page: http://www.mydomain.com/photography/blog/category/general
- Blog Tags Page: http://www.mydomain.com/photography/blog/tag/WordPress
- Post Page: http://www.mydomain.com/photography/blog/2009/06/WordPress-cms-blog