When I try to import some content to my local site so I can work on the theme w/ relevant data, my import hangs forever.... and if it finishes then the media/images fail.
based on some suggestions at Failed media import
i checked my uploads folder... which was for some reason marked read-only. i unset that. i unset the read only attribute from the entire wp-content folder. i've also tried giving myself total control over that folder, but i'm not convinced it is 'sticking'... as every time i look at the properties it is back to read-only.
i have tried putting this in my htaccess
php_value post_max_size 7M php_value upload_max_filesize 7M php_value max_execution_time 600 php_value max_input_time 600 php_value memory_limit 300M php_value output_buffering on php_value Timeout 300 php_value KeepAlive On php_value MaxKeepAliveRequests 100 php_value KeepAliveTimeout 15
i've tried upping the memory in wp_config.php. i have used WXRsplit to split large XML files into smaller <2mb chunks. so i'm sort of at a loss here at what else to do. i can't even work until i get this sorted out.