I'm looking to adapt an existing forum-like plugin which has no facility for attaching media.
The plugin works as a Custom Post Type, so it would be as "simple" as attaching an image to a post.
I am only concerned about attaching images rather than any file type, but the plugin does use
wp_editor and as such the solution should in some way integrate with that. I'm not overly fussed about creating a tinyMCE button, as long as the solution is capable of inserting a thumbnail of the image into the tinyMCE textarea.
Please note, I am referring to the front-end of my website rather than the admin area.
In an absolutely ideal situation, I would like this scenario to occur:
- User clicks "Ask a question"
- Use enters their post details
- User clicks a button on the tinyMCE interface which, similar to StackExchange, asks the user to upload a file.
- System then inserts the correctly-sized thumbnail into the tinyMCE textarea, having crunched the file into this thumbnail size
- Clicking this image should offer the same functionality as an image attachment in a Post
- User can then click again to insert a new image
- User can also delete the image from the tinyMCE textarea as needed
However, I am happy for the tinyMCE button to be peripheral - if a "file upload" box is significantly easier, that's fine.
I came across this link but I'm always apprehensive about reading WordPress articles on t'interwebs as I'm never too sure of how secure they are, nor am I a php security expert by any stretch of the imagination.
Thanks in advance,