I am seriously at the point of pulling my hair out with this. I'm building a simple internal Wordpress site for viewing files. This is basically a fresh install. The installation is complete up to the configuration of the URL. When I try changing the Wordpress/Site Address from the default localhost, the website access breaks.
What I've tried thus far:
- 1: Changing the URLs in the WP Panel - Localhost still points to the main page, anything else tries to redirect and does not work.
- 2: Create a vhost file in apache - either does the same thing as 1 or, if has localhost as it's redirect, gives out a 403.
- 3: Combine the 2 - Same as 2. Also will sometimes make the browser automatically add a .com to try external sites for some reason.
- 4: Edit .htaccess - Nothing
- 5: Delete .htaccess - Also nothing
- 6: Edit host.conf - Nothing
- 7: Edit wp-config.php - Same as 1.
- 8: Combine 1 and 7 - Same as 1.
Everytime the site breaks, I've had to undo or delete the modified files and use PHPMyAdmin to reset the url.
Clearly there is something going on with a redirect or something because it only ever works on the default name that was installed (and now I'm wondering if a full db wipe and reinstall is the final solution, it's a pretty fresh install, there is nothing in it Edit: It didn't). One thing I noticed is that when I try to log back in after the changes is that the URL shown tries to redirect to both the new name but also to the local host for some reason:
So yeah, I've been mucking around with this for half a day with no solution in sight. Any possible help?