I am getting back at wordpress development after few years. I'm not sure what are they called and therefore I can't find right information about them :S

I want to add few options on wp editor page so user can use those settings to customize few settings.

I want to know what they are called and if possible link to dev doc for it.

A: Yoast plugin have options settings below the content editor
B: I see some plugin can add its own section menu on top right
C: Some plugin can also add options menu on right sidebar below.

Can any one please provide some information about them what they are called and if possible some link to tutorials will be great.

enter image description here

1 Answer 1


These are post meta. Here are some information to get you started.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.