I have created custom post type called "case study"(with slug case-study), with support of custom taxonomy which is called "theme".
What i am trying to achieve? Simple dropdown, with redirect to specific taxonomy term page on option select.
<form id="category-select" class="category-select" action="<?php bloginfo('url'); ?>" method="get"> <?php $args = array( 'show_option_all' => __( 'Choose theme', 'l-p' ), 'hide_empty' => 0, 'echo' => 0, 'show_count' => 0, 'taxonomy' => 'theme', ); $select = wp_dropdown_categories( $args ); $replace = "<select$1 onchange='return this.form.submit()'>"; $select = preg_replace( '#<select([^>]*)>#', $replace, $select ); echo $select; ?> <noscript><input type="submit" value="View" /></noscript> </form>
Thing is, i'm getting dropdown with proper list of taxonomy terms, but when clicking on specifc option(from dropdown) it redirects me to weird pages/urls instead of actual taxonomy template page.
- I have tried saving direct links in wp settings.
- Taxonomy have proper template called taxonomy-theme.php
- The same dropdown works properly for default blog posts.
- CPT and taxonomy is created via CPT UI(i'm not really fond of it, but well, it was "required") - the support for taxonomy/cpt is checked in options.
- The slug for custom taxonomy is "theme".
- The slug for custom post type is "case-study".
- The taxonomy terms pages are present, it's just that dropdown redirects incorrectly.
Any help would be much appreciated.