I am currently developing a theme in wordpress for learning purposes.
To set out to you my page hierarchy I have the following:
- index.php: fallback for all website pages
- home.php: blog page
- front-page.php: static front page
- page.php: default fallback for individual pages
- single.php: single post page
- header.php and footer.php
I wanted to know what difference between an index.php and a page.php should display?
On my index.php, I have only the header(); and footer(); functions.
On my page.php, I have my main content div with the standard loop that outputs my page posts from wordpress, with the exclusion of the header and footer functions
Would my index and page files be correct in outputting the content like this?