This issue has existed in my WP instance for a while and I've been banging my head against the wall trying to fix it.
Here is the issue:
Adding a new category is successful, but the page doesn't update automatically due to an AJAX bug. Refreshing the page shows the new category as expected.
Here is what I have observed:
- AJAX on other parts of the site including admin views works as expected.
- Switching my theme fixes the issue.
- My child theme doesn't have any changes to the edit-tags.php page. If it does I'm unaware of these changes and do not have a full understanding of the hooks.
- This AJAX bug returns 200 OK, so the response format or handling is the issue.
- The wp_ajax response isn't formatted in the Preview tab of Chrome but the response looks fine when parsing it (see image - normal on left and bug on right). This is the only notable thing I have uncovered so far.
This bug throws an error in the WP SEO Plugin because the data is not what is expected:
TypeError: Cannot read property 'indexOf' of undefined at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (/wp-content/plugins/wordpress-seo/js/dist/quick-edit-handler-1470.js:1:975)
This is the code.. the
data isn't what is expected.
My gut is telling me a WP upgrade caused this, but it also could have been a side effect of a change I made. Maybe removing a certain script from the admin screen or changing the JS load order?? I really haven't touched this view which is why this is puzzling.
I'm at a loss and any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!