Could someone help me with restoring my website (with new domain name)? I have a database backup and when restore it, wordpress is redirecting me to old website and domain. I changed site url in mysql and now I have this message: This nataura.ro page can’t be foundNo webpage was found for the web address: https://nataura.ro/wordpress/ HTTP ERROR 404
First of all, make sure you're domain has correct nameserver setup and you're uploading files to correct place. When you are changing URL from database directly, here's a checklist.
- The URL must be changed only from
wp_optionstable and update only
home(basically first 2) rows.
- Make sure you're setting http/https correctly. set https only if you have SSL enabled in the new domain.
- Use a plugin like Better Search & Replace to replace domain and update permalinks and other urls.
If it's still pointing to old URL,
- Check .htaccess file if there is old domain. If so, replace that. Also be careful about http/https.
- Disable any possible plugin that can redirect home page. Just rename the plugin's folder to disable that.
- If still doesn't work, try to disable the theme same way.
- As last resort replace all core files with fresh downloaded zip file then check wp-config.php file to set correct credentials.