Before creating this post I really did some thorough research, made few progress but now got stuck.
- LAMP wordpress setup in a Ubuntu box
- Local network behind a Humax firewall, which contains WAN with public IP address provided by ISP
- Managed to enable port forwarding pretty well for many ports including SSH and others for gaming, just that port 80 was absolutely not possible for some reason due to router or ISP protection.
- SO I had to adopt port 81 for Apache2, following the known procedures updating the conf files for Apache2.
- All working fine when accessing mysite.com:81 from internal 192.168.0.X....but when trying to reach from any public desktop or mobile hooked on public network, it keeps trying until a non response error comes out.
this is what I have in /var/www/html/wp-config.php:
I switch UFW on/off and that doesnt change, even though I get UFW pretty open for now ( allowing almost everything).
My DNS settings are native as form LInux installation; I dont have a domain for time being; I am targeting all via IP address.
LAst and relevant: when trying 189.X.Y.Z:81/index.html from my mobile in a public network, I get the Apache2 HTML page perfectly.