I'm in the process of changing my web host. I'm wondering about the cleanest way to migrate my WordPress blog. I'm far from being a WordPress expert, I only use it to publish a few posts. Could you say me if my way to process is correct ?
- I downloaded all my website and blog content on my hard drive
- I exported a .sql of WordPress database restoration script from PHPMyAdmin
- I uploaded all my website and blog content on the new web host
- I executed the .sql script to create the same database
- I updated the wp-config.php WordPress file to update this section:
<?php /** * @package WordPress */ define('DB_NAME', 'THE_NAME_OF_DATABASE'); define('DB_USER', 'THE_DB_USER'); define('DB_PASSWORD', 'THE_DB_PASSWORD'); define('DB_HOST', 'THE_SQL_ADRESSE');
Currently , my WordPress seems running perfectly. Modules are correcly installed. The only parameter I can't say if it will work correctly is the wp-admin.php access. Indeed, as I transfere also my domain on the new web host, I am on a temporary cluster domain name so when I connect me to the administration panel, I am redirected to the real domain (old webhost). I will be fixed in several days.