I am having a problem with mixed content on the website after enabling SSL. The strange thing about it is, only main page is affected (though the same assets are used through the whole website). The main page is made with Elementor.
What I did:
- Changed all to HTTPS in WP settings
- Changed all necessary things in
- Replaced all occurrences of
- Checked no
http://in css files in
- Added to
.htaccessrule to overwrite all non-HTTPS requests to HTTPS (this alone should be enough?)
- Disabled all plugins that do not affect the web functionality.
- Replaced the main page with another copy, now the previous main page works well and the problem is on the copy (that is set as default main page).
At first I thought after doing all this stuff, it has to be the browser-related problem (thin VS thick client). But then I checked more browsers (all latest versions to the date except IE):
no problems. Except my friend's chrome was the same, today it showed the mixed content messages too. the insecure content main page only
Firefox: insecure content main page only
Opera: insecure content main page only
Internet Explorer: no problems.
Obviously, I did reload the webpages and cleared the cache.
Any idea would be much appreciated.
UPDATE: The chrome was not showing errors due to restored caches from google account sync - the cache was not cleared fully when I was signed in.