I was trying to move a https site (on an add-on domain) from one server to another server. Both these servers (old and new) are on same host (GoDaddy) Below is the set of steps I did in that order:
On the old server:
- Exported DB backup as sql.
- Zipped and copied the whole content from /public_html/example.net to my local as a backup
On the new server:
- Created a new DB and imported the SQL
- Created a new folder under /public_html with the name example.net
- FTP’ed the zip file and extracted here – /public_html/example.net
- Updated wp-config with new DB credentials
- Changed the DNS of the domain to point to new server
- After waiting for 24 hours, I added the new add-on domain in new server and pointed it to /public_html/example.net
What am I missing in my steps? Any guidance, please?
- I read online for possible solutions and ensured there is no index.html under /public_html/example.net
- I also renamed plugins to pluginsx to see if it is a problem caused by any of the plugins and that did not help either
I added the below code in wp-config.php and that does not help either
define( 'WP_HOME', 'http://example.net/' ); define( 'WP_SITEURL', 'http://example.net/' );