To elaborate on the title....I have a site were the Visual editor either doesn't appear to display the text content (text is white on white), or the option to switch to and from the visual editor doesnt work.
The site has been developed locally and then pushed to the live server, with a find and replace done on the database to change the url. The local version doesn't have the problem, but the live site does.
In web inspector i have 2 errors when on the post editing page
The reference error made me think tinymce wasn't loading. It is but the syntax error below is what the file contains.
<b>Parse error</b>: syntax error, unexpected '",l(t),"' (T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING) in <b>/wp-includes/js/tinymce/wp-tinymce.js</b> on line <b>3</b>
A little background on our server / wordpress setup. Our server runs a centralised copy of WordPress ie one copy. The tinymce.js file on the server is fine and if loaded directly for another site the file loads fine.
So the issue is somehow isolated to this one site.
After plenty of googling i have tried the following:
- disabled all and reactivated plugins
- changed from theme back to the standard wp theme
- checked that USER profile settings has viewing of the visual editor unchecked
- used different browsers Safari, Chrome and Explorer with no changes
- cleared cache and cookies
- logged out and back in to the site
- re-installed latest version of WordPress 5.2.2
- added define(‘CONCATENATE_SCRIPTS’, false); to our wp-config
- tried define( ‘WP_DEBUG’, true );
No of the above solve the issue.
All plugins are up to date as is WordPress.
Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.