I have set up a Wordpress Multisite with LAMP successfully and it currently has the following structure
- a.com (wordpress primary domain)
I created virtual hosts configurations for the three domains mapping to the same WordPress Multisite directory, and I am running the WordPress MU Domain Mapping plugging to handle redirections and so far has been working great with http.
Then I created the certificates for https:
- cert 1 => a.com, *.a.com
- cert 2 => b.com, *.b.com
- cert 3 => c.com
And set automatic https redirecting in the virtualhost configuration for all the domains.
- a.com and a1.a.com are working with https, but a1.a.com required plugins for redirection from http to https.
- b.com is working with https
- b.com subdomains are not working with https, pluggins have led to use *.a.com certificate which results in security warning for all sites.
- c.com is working with https.
Can someone please help me understand where can the problem be?
I'm thinking about creating a virtual host configuration for each subdomain in b.com, but it will be more like a patch than a fix.