Our website was recently update to Wordpress 5.1.1. From this recent update we had some issues that we have trouble debugging.
1. Cannot view media files on post editor
Clicking the "Add media" button shows the media selector modal, but it just stays there loading infinitely. This prevents us to add images to posts. There is nothing in the WP debug logs and in console logs.
2. Forbidden permission error
You don't have permission to access /wp-admin/admin-ajax.php on this server.
There is a forbidden permission error that suddenly showed after update. We have a hunch that this is related to the error above, but we're not entirely sure.
We did a few things to help debug or fix the issue:
- Updated the PHP version in the server
- Deactivated all plugins and tried to add image to post. Still stuck on infinite loading so it was not a plugin issue.
- Updated the permission access to the file admin-ajax.php, but issue still persists
We do not know what our next steps should be. We are not really knowledgeable with Wordpress hostings and servers and are currently learning as we go. Any suggestions and help are appreciated.