I'm working with woocommerce rest API v1 to build a shop page working with AJAX.
What I have tried :
- created custom taxonomies for woocommerce products post type
- set show_in_rest to true for those taxonomies
- made a request to the woocommerce rest api like
What I expected :
A list of products and their variations with categories, tags, AND custom taxonomies, for each product.
What I got :
A list of products with everything BUT NOT my custom taxonomies
My guess :
Taxonomies bind to wordpress post while woocommerce rest api returns JSON data like a an instance WC_Product class. But if this is the case, why do I have categories and tags ? (which are default taxonomies)
I'm pulling this data with AJAX, so
get_terms is not an option. I can't make one request by product to get the taxonomies, I need everything packed.
Do I need to create a custom endpoint for this ?
Please let me know if I'm not clear.
EDIT : I have just found that the wordpress REST API (not woocommerce) enables me to retrieve custom taxonomies along with products. I have several issues with this :
- I don't have all products in there
- there isn't any info about the product like its variations, or price
- I don't want to make one request on both Woocommerce and Wordpress rest API to get all the data
Is the custom endpoint the only way ?