For some reason, my custom template WILL not show up in the backend of WordPress. I have tried the suggestions in this thread: Custom templates not showing up in template dropdown to no avail.
- It has been more than 1 hour since I created the template.
- I have removed transients from the database
- I have checked on the server and the template is definitely there
- The website is being routed through Clourdflare (I even put the site into development mode)
- The server type is Litespeed
I have exhausted every bit of knowledge I have of these issues and the template still doesn't show up. It's driving me nuts. What should have been a simple development job has now turned into a 2 day epic attempt to just get my template to show up!
The server is on a live domain. One last option might be to download a copy to localhost but I didn't want to have to do that for a simple template creation.
Any ideas what I might do?
EDIT: The code templates header is:
<?php /* Template Name: Downloads */ ?>