I am migrating a site to Azure. However the site is now running unacceptably slow. The setup is as follows:
- Azure standard Linux apps service plan
- MySQL on Azure standard instance
Here's some of the things I've tried:
- Increasing the size of the web VM
- Increasing the size of the database VM
- Disabling output buffering
- Enabling wordpress query caches and viewing database response times
- Disabling Azure VM affinity routing
- Disabling response buffering
- Disabling all plugins
- Testing database performance (I wrote a simple page to time the response for a simple query, this page claims to take .001-.002 seconds to render, but TTFB reported by Chrome is around 2.7 seconds).
To give you an idea of the sense of the scale of the problem the current live site loads in around 1 second, the Azure version loads in about 10 seconds.
Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to what I should look at next?