I installed WordPress on localhost using MAMP many times without a problem. Today WordPress froze halfway through a fresh local install and I don't know why.
- Thinking something was out of a date, I updated:
- MAMP to version 4.2
- PHP to v7.1
- After updating MAMP, I upgraded MySQL (prompted by MAMP after upgrade)
- WordPress v4.9.1
- Double-checked database name spelling matches name in ~/sites directory.
- Apache Port 80, tried SQL at 3306 and 8889.
From here, trying the WP install and localhost/SITE-NAME/wp-login.php works fine:
Alright Sparky we're ready to go:
After adding Name/Info/Email/etc & clicking "INSTALL", the page hangs here with a message in the bottom left corner of the screen: "Waiting on Localhost...", it doesn't time out and the page-load icon never stops spinning.
It just stays on this screen 'loading'. (I cut the names/emails out of the screenshot, these images makes them look invisible. They are there.) I think I overlooked something. Looking around the web I found someone with a similar problem:
- Problem Installing WordPress Locally (they found a fix, but it doesn't say what answered the problem, only the comment: "its fixed!"