Hello guys and happy new year!
I am looking for a reliable way to compare WordPress site performance on several different hosters. Key factors for me are:
- try not to use 3rd party tools or plugins
- stick to lowest possible level tools (curl, wget etc)
- test default WordPress installation (no extra plugins or improvements [e.g. CloudFlare])
Bellow is what I plan to check for now.
Measure how long does it take to:
- Open default landing page (
curl -s http://example.net)
- Create and publish a new page (I've written a basic test.php file that basically calls Wordpress functions
Can you recommend some other approach? Maybe do some stuff using the WordPress API?