I inherited a site which does not have all of the menu items under the appearance menu in the toolbar. Specifically themes (trying to upload a new theme my client purchased) and editor.
- changed disallow to false in the wp-config.php file
- searched for any action that removed the theme (remove_editor type of language) or editor menu in the functions.php file for the theme, and other themes installed - couldn't find anything.
- completely deleted the theme via ftp (as I don't have that access to the WP dashboard) and still didn't have a full appearance menu
- added themes node $wp_admin_bar->add_node( $themes); in the admin-toolbar.php in the mu-plugins folder and removed the $wp_admin_bar->remove_node( 'themes' ); in same file.
- tried the same as above in the admin-menu file
Help?! What am I missing and where could it be written to not show those nodes in the appearance toolbar? I'm frustrated.
Also - thanks in advance.