Before you say "search google" or "look on this site for similar answers", let me say, I already googled for my problem and read questions like mine. I already tried everything that I found about to here and on Google to try to solve the problem. I also tried several things I thought of just in case.
My problem is that my Facebook share button does not pick an image for sharing. It seems to pick the title and the excerpt just well but not the image. Sometimes, in place of the image it will just place a black big or small space before the title, in a side, or above, it depends. I used to have an image in the server which the FAcebook always took, but I had to delete it since I did not want FB to take that image, now it does not take any img.
Things I tried are:
- Trying other plugins for sharing buttons.
- Disable almost all plugins except for the most neccesary ones which are only 3 or 4, just in case any of them is influencing badly.
- OG plugin witch adds tags.
- FB Thumb Fixer plugins which also adds tags
- Adding a fixed image in FB Thumb Fixer options.
- Clearing the cache.
- Using Facebook Debugger, which seem to take the correct image but then in the webpage it does not show it.
- Changing theme to twenty-sixteen and twenty-seventeen.
I think I tried everything I can think and know about. I'm really overwhealmed about this, cause the solution I was given is to remake the whole site again, and I don't even know if that would be an ultimate solution. What could be the problem? Everything I tried did not work.