My media library suddenly stopped properly showing images. I've been running WP since June with no problems and then yesterday the Media Library stopped working. I didn't do any updates or install any plugins. I used it about an hour before with no problems and then went to use it again and it was broken. Here's what I know:
- the media is still there. If I follow the direct link the image still shows just fine in the browser.
- All images show fine on the blog posts. No harm there. They still exist on the server.
- I can still upload an image. It just directly goes to the broken image default thumbnail view.
- I CAN NOT insert images from the media library into a new post. When you look at the code the image path is missing.
- I've disabled all plugins and it had no affect.
- I've researched this issue on Google but have not been able to find a solution or a problem that is exactly as I'm having.
Update: I opened my site using the iphone Wordpress app and the media displays properly via the app. It does not display correctly if I log in on my phone via the browser.