I am facing a strange issue of WordPress taking 100+ seconds to load in backend as well as front end. My website is nawkaar9.com hosted on Digital Ocean 512 MB Ubuntu VM. I read a tons of answers and I have tried the following solutions:
- Disable Plugins - I disabled all of them at once and still the issue persists .
- Switch to default theme - I switched to twenty thirteen but no results.
- P3 Profiler plugin - Actually there was no point in installing this plugin as the issue persisted even after disabling ALL plugins but still I installed this plugin and checked the stats. I enabled a few basic plugins from site to get some stats. Check the attached screenshot. Strange thing is it shows everything as normal. 0.3 sec as load time
Updated WordPress from 4.6 to 4.8 - Still Issue persists
- Rebooted Droplet - same here
- Restarted Services - Apache & MySQL
Doubled RAM limit for WP in wp-config from 128 to 256
- Checked HardDisk space - 50% is free
- Swap of 1GB already exists and most of it is free
- Asked Digital Ocean support - they say everything is fine from there side, the issue is with plugin or theme
- Set wp-debug to true but there are no errors
- Created New HtAccess file through permalinks settings
Some say upgrade your VM to 1GB plan. But honestly it was working fine till date as traffic on website is low and also used free -m to be sure.
Please let me know if I am still missing anything or suggest something that I can try out.
Thanks in Advance