I have two sites using Wordpress with WooCommerce, one is LIVE (An taking orders) and the other is on Development.
The development one is been updated with content and has had existing products removed and readded as well as other content.
I have been asked that I merge the dev data onto live but without losing transactional data or users.
Normally I would have done the following:
- Put live site into maintenance mode
- Get a mysqldump backup of the live and development site
- Export all the wp data using the export tool on the DEV site EXCEPT the users.
- Import the data onto live.
- Upload the media directory from dev to live (There are new images on the dev site)
- Check live and put back into production if all is good.
Problems I have though are:
- I dont have phpmyadmin to use for custom SQL related work.
- The client has removed existing products which are linked to transactional data, and then re-added those products (I dont know the reason why this was done, I was given this task without been involved from the start)
- Due to point 2 I think I will end up with transactions/orders on live pointing to products which do not exist.
What is the easiest way to merge the changes on dev into live without losing users or order related data and then reconcile any orphaned transactions.
Below is an example of what I am aiming for:
Site A1 (Current site) Site A2 (Staging) Site A2 After Merging
ID Name ID Name ID Name
1 Product A | 1 Product A | 1 Product A
2 Product B | | 2 Product B
3 Product C | 3 Product C | 3 Product C
| 4 Product D | 4 Product D