What I want to do is add this unique code to the Wordpress user's meta information. I think the best way to do it is the following (open to other suggestions):
- Create a new user profile field ($unique_code)
- Scrape or pull the unique code from the page
- Identify the current user id
- Input the unique code into the user profile
My challenges are:
- How do I scrape/pull the data from the page?
- How do I add the data to the user meta without a form or submit action?
Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.