While debugging plugins or themes I will often come across a notice / warning / error which doesn't really provide useful debugging info.
Notice: get_current_site_name is deprecated since version 3.9.0! Use get_current_site() instead. in /wp-includes/functions.php on line 3835
I understand there is a reference to
get_current_site_name somewhere that needs to be changed, but there are many occasions where I have no idea where to look. I have a 75% success rate in getting to the root having some knowledge of what existing themes and plugins do in the background and it allows a quick find and fix. However the other 25% of the time I just have to live with the error because I have little time to dig around hundreds of files.
Is there a way to determine the plugin / theme file where these messages are actually coming from?