So here is a requirement:
- Client wants a page template where there is two level menu on left side of the page.
- That menu can link to any page, post, category or a section within same page.
- The menu which links to a section within same page should be slash linked and not # linked for the purpose of SEO.
And this is how we have implemented it:
- Based on one requirement I have developed a custom page template with sidebar on left.
- Using WordPress menu I registered multiple menus with menu items as per the requirement.
- I developed a custom widget which provides an option to select a menu to be assigned to that page. So far all good....
And here comes the question:
- How do I link the section within same page with
- For example if the page is
http://example.com/event-page/and there is a section within page content say "Get Passes" and also a menu corresponding to it on left. Now what client wants is that the menu shall not be linked like
- Needless to say that it should just scroll down to that particular section without reloading the page.