An issue with a plugin install via the Add Plugin screen. Error message returned:
Installation failed: The package could not be installed.
This is my plugin, which I have revised. The WP site is hosted on Bluehost; WP version 4.7. I have done the following:
- rebuilt the zip file from scratch (not update)
- ensured that the plugin header is formatted correctly
- ensured that the Readme is formatted correctly (validated it with the Readme Validstor)
- installed the plugin successfully via the Upload, from the same file that Subversion uploaded
- uploaded the zip file and supporting folders to a new Trunk folder matching the version number
- verified that the URL shown via Repobrowser, Copy URL to clipboard is the proper URL for the plugin (matches the plugin name)
- wandered through the googles trying to find similar problem/solutions, to no avail
- looked at the error_log files on the WP site to see relevant errors (there are none related to the install date/time)
- tried the same plugin on other WP sites I own, same error
- looked at similar problems here, to no avail
- have installed other plugins on that (and other) sites just fine without error
- if installed manually (via upload), the plugin works properly/without error
So, am quite puzzled as to what I need to look at to fix the problem. What am I missing?