I plan on using multiple shortcodes for various reasons throughout WordPress.
- A Vimeo embed (with a shortcut parameter to input the actual video URL)
- A 'Contact Us' element block that can be attached to various posts
- A responsive jQuery photo slider (with parameters for photos by name)
- A css3 button that links to a third party donate site.
I want all these options to be available to the non-technical user (the WordPress editor) when they are writing stories.
Within SharePoint 2013, there is a drop-down option for 'Reusable Content'. When you click it, it shows a drop-down of reusable items that you can place into your content editor. This is what I am accustomed to working with.
- What is the most efficient way for WordPress editors to see these shortcode options while they are using the HTML editor and choosing anyone to drop into the HTML editor?
- Is it something I can easily build in WordPress 4.6.2 for them?
- If possible, what in the WordPress API should I concentrate on, to do the build?
- Are there any system hacks involved with setting something like this up?
- Is this request going outside the box of how WordPress can operate?