I have a WordPress 4.4.2 installation with no SEO plugins at all. The plugins that I do have activated are WooCommerce, WooCommerce Multilingual, and WPML.
I am unable to update the Site Title and Tagline on the General Settings page. If I try to save the changes, the old Site Title and Tagline continue to be displayed in the text boxes.
I manually changed the Site Title and Tagline in the wp_options table of the database using PHPMyAdmin. However, these manual changes are not reflected on the General Settings page or the front end of the site. The General Settings text boxes still show the old Site Title and Tagline.
I checked my error log but there's no errors. I changed theme but that still didn't solve it. I cleared my history and cleared all WooCommerce sessions & transients. Still no luck.