I am involved with several WordPress support websites including this one (recently). I seem to get the question "Can WordPress be used as a CMS/Membership Website?". I haven't needed to set one up, so I always refer them to suggestion from other forums. I've decided that it's only a matter of time until I will be required to implement this type of a WP website so I've decided to be Pro-Active and set up a development version.
I've been looking at Magic Members specifically, but I don't know anyone that has used it. My question has two parts:
1) Does anyone have first hand experience using Magic Members. If so is it worth the $197.
2) Do you have any recommendations an an alternative?
NOTE: I've tried out many of the plug-ins from the repository, but for a business I haven't found one that fits all the requirements.
Here is a list of the features that are most likely needed:
- Membership access control on various levels
- Public and Private content
- Simplified User Interface (this isn't as important since I know a few tricks including ones I've discovered here.
- Document sharing
- Content Available to Author created content that can only be changed/updated by them and the Administrator.
I know this is a pretty in depth questions, but any pointers or personal experience will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Jeremy Jared