As I mentioned here, I'm planning to moving my blog to a new hosting provider from WordPress.com. I think I've settled on Page.ly as the new home for it, and I was hoping to get the benefit of experience from any of you who have transitioned an existing blog specifically from WordPress.com to page.ly.
Some examples of the potential issues I'm trying to ferret out:
- Am I going to lose any WordPress.com specific features in the transition?
- Any new maintenance issues/headaches that weren't there on Wordpress.com?
- Any surprise "Upgrade" fees for things I'm used to getting for free?
- What information can I expect to lose in an export/import process (Site stats, dates on comments/posts/subscribed users/something else?)
- General tips, advice, whatever that you wish you knew before you did the move.