I found similar problems posted couple times, for different custom post types, but none of the solutions worked for me and these, other questions, didnt have much info provided, I'll try to give as detailed info as its possible and hopefully, this thread will help many others in my situation.
Problem: I exported custom post type content from WordPress, and imported it into another WordPress.
Content is there in the Database and in Backend, however, nothing shows up on the frontend. If I go to edit window in backend and just click on "update" button, after that, that specific post does show up on the frontend.
This is a big problem when you have LOTS of posts :))
What Does NOT work:
- Mass Edit on the list page in backend doesnt work, even if I change author, or category.
- Simply, QUICK EDIT from list page in backend doesnt help, I need to go inside the post and click on update button there to make post visible on frontend.
- I did update some custom meta field values for specific post in Database, to see if it would show up on frontend... - It didnt!
- On this particular situation, I used default wordpress export and import, however, Ive had the same problem previously with WP ALL IMPORT plugin, but at that time it was no more than 20 posts (20 woocommerce products in that particular case) and I just went inside the edit page of each product and updated manually.
- I compared data for specific post in postmeta table before and after I went into the edit page and clicked on button - No changes at all. Table is exactly same, so I cant replicate what was changed in postmeta table for that specific post, what made it visible on frontend.
- Changing of Permalinks, or Updating Permalinks doesnt help.
- Post is visible (even without clicking the "update" button) if I click on VIEW post from backend, It takes me to single post page and all data is there, but the post category / listing doesnt show anything unless I click on update button in backend.
Strange thing is, I dont need to change anything at all. All I need to do is get into the edit page and click on update button.
Below is the code / query I use to display list of posts.
<?php $featured_companies_query_args = array( 'post_type' => array( 'company_reviews' ), 'posts_per_page' => -1, 'status' => 'publish', 'orderby' => 'title', 'order' => 'ASC' ); $featured_companies = new WP_Query( $featured_companies_query_args ); ?>
and then comes the loop that does the layout, titles etc... Its working fine. I just gave the query as an example, maybe I could modify it somehow to show all posts without manually updating them, I dont know, Ive lost almost whole day on this now, hope you guys can help me :))