I know there are already a few posts on this issue, but unfortunately none of those answers were helpful to me.
Every time I upload an image, I get an HTTP Error - that's it. Nothing more, no specific error or explanation, nothing. I am using WordPress 4.1.
I have already tried:
- PHP 5.4 and 5.6 (default was 5.3)
- different image sizes and types
- different pages (all 4.1) and different hosting providers
- without any plugins and with a default theme
- different browsers (except IE, I'm a Mac user)
- writing rights on upload folder
Direct input into posts over HTTP is working but in this case I have to manually resize all the images.
I suspect this is a major WordPress bug but I cannot wait for an update. I desperately need a solution because I have sites that are online for some time now and until now everything was OK. After the last update all my WordPress sites have the same error and my customers are, as expected, not very happy and neither am I.