I am trying to plan ahead and avoid any grievous pitfalls and/or headaches in adding a second domain/site for a client.
- WP is currently installed in root
- The client wants a second site created for a new brand that may end up as it's own entity, so separate public facing domains.
- The root site already has almost 200 pages + posts
- I'd like to keep a central user base if possible.
- They have quite a few plugins running
- I use IWP, so keeping track of updates and backups really isn't that difficult.
- Is it possible to create a subdir install with a separate domain pointing at it (with out moving the first install to it's own subdir)?
- Would it be more beneficial to convert to a multisite install instead?