I need some support on restructuring the directories and settings with my current WP site for better SEO purposes. I have the following settings:
- WP is installed in the root.
- Permanent Links are set to /year/month/.... e.g.
- There's a static home page (index.php) and several other static pages (created with WP Pages) in the root directory.
- Currently when people click on the blog link on the static page, the web browser takes them to -> /category/blog/ (where all the posts are under category "blog")
I think this is not the most efficient setup for SEO purposes, since the static pages and the blog posts are all referenced from the root directory (e.g. /2011/12/20/post1..... and page "/ABout-Us"...
Ideally, (without having to restructure too many things, or reinstalling WP, if possible), I would like to figure out how to setup the following:
- All the blog post goes under /blog/ directory, the static pages created in WP goes in the root directory.
- Categories also gets redirected under the /blog/ directory.
I think it has to do with the WordPress Address and Site Address...
Thanks for the help in advance.