The internet is swamped with this issue but all the results were from 2010-2011 so I wanted to check if there was any advancement in the matter.
I have the following scenario:
- Created a custom post type "videos"
- Created a parent page "Videos"
- Created a child page "New Video"
- Changed permalinks to
WP automatically created the permalink for the child page as
www.example.com/videos/new-video but the page leads to a
404 Not Found error.
- Re-saving permalink settings does not solve the problem
- Changing the parent page slug to "videoss" solves the problem
- Changing the custom post type to "video" solves the problem
Is there any way to have both custom post type and parent page slug set to "videos" under the aforementioned permalink structure?