I have a WordPress site that I was running every page over SSL for the past year. I just added a new website to the same server and have to share IP with the new site and the new site needs SSL much more then the old site. So I have gone through the process of changing all my
https links back to
http. My site loads fine now over regular
http except I have 2 issues.
1) When I view source, it is showing a lot of stuff still linked to
https however none of it is from the Database. IT is instead all places where
home_url() is used to generate the URL! I have done a search and replace of the whole entire database to ensure all https links are back to http however it is acting as if my sites URL is still HTTPS when I call the WordPress settings for the URL.
2) Because of this bizarre behavior I cannot access my Admin panel as it redirects to
Like I mentioned the database does not contain HTTPS anywhere anymore. I have no plugins that force Admin or anything to use HTTPS either. So I cannot for the life of me understand why
home_url() prints out an
https URL instead of
http when the DB has all
Also note these details...
- that I do not have any caching!
- I have deleted all Transients as well
- There is nothing in the htaccess file that is making my admin panel redirect to https yet it does redirect to https which no longer exxist so I cannot login to admin panel anymore.
- All database files have been updated and converted from
httpin every wordpress related table. posts, options, etc...
- There is no plugin that I can see that would be doing this so far
- I also do not see any code in my functions or any other included custom file that would be changing my
- There is nothing in my
wp-config.phpfile causing this.