I'm looking for an easy/efficient way to manage & serve content from one master WP site to multiple drones (NOT multisite).
On the master site i'll have custom post type "served_content". The drones will have "collection" pages, each will serve multiple different served_content posts. served_content might become disabled from the master site, too.
- Fetch posts with their metadata
- Cache this data so we don't slow down page load too much. Ideally instead of requesting everytime, it can just sync the "served_content" posts across all my WP installations
- Use mostly native WP functions, or readymade WP plugins
- Being able to publish and un-publish (disable from showing) the served-content, right from the master site.
How I want it to work
On (one of) my clients i'll have a page that requests specific post IDs from the centralized location, for example:
$posts_to_retrieve = array(1,5,12,23); get_remote_posts($posts_to_retrieve);
What I've been planning on using
- WP XML-RPC api (and specifically wp.getPost method)
- SimpleXML to parse the returned XML
The problem is I don't think XML-RPC method is caching the requests
What will you recommend to use?
Thanks in advance!