What is the best way to embed a SOAP client into a WordPress plugin that one would distribute via the WordPress plugin repository? Is it best to use?
- The PHP 5.x Soap Client,
- The Zend Soap Client,
- The NuSoap Toolkit for PHP,
- The PEAR SOAP Client/Server for PHP, or
- Some other SOAP client for PHP?
What's more, why recommend the one you do? And what are the pros and cons of each. "Bonus (karma) points" if you have actual experiences with using a SOAP client in widely a distributed plugin. And are there any differences between calling a .NET SOAP server, a Java SOAP server, or some other SOAP server stack?
Note this is a related question to the question "Pitfalls when Distributing Plugins that Access SOAP Web Services?" and I'm also making this a a community wiki.
Here are some potentially helpful links for others researching this same question:
- Make a SOAP client using PHP and NuSoap.
- Soap Client calling .NET Web service
- Using SOAP with PHP (on Apple.com)
- PHP & Web Services
- Programming with NuSOAP Using WSDL
- Using Amazon Web Services With PHP And SOAP
- The simplest PHP Web Service Client
- Developing SOAP Web Services with PHP/C#
- A PHP Web Services Client