After realizing that post formats are
pretty popular, but only a extremly rough drawn concept, i see that users will run into possible traps.
Post format ...
- uses post meta fields & user doesn't remember exact meta key name.
- takes the link/embed/whatever object from post editor & user inputs wrong data.
Both are examples of possible traps a user could hit.
The post format has a custom meta box that does only allow to input the expected data.
The idea itself isn't that bad, but there's still the problem that the user would have to
- put data into the correct meta box
- then select the according post format.
What i'm searching for is
- a solution that switches (ajax) the meta box (or just its content) based on the selection a user makes inside the post formats meta box
- using a ajax/jquery-ui tabs inside the meta box to switch meta box contents and save the according post format on 'save_post'
I'm not searching for the exact meta box content. My most interesst is to see the 'surroundings' in different