My WP site http://kyl.fi has stopped displaying anything else than Front Page when browsing the site with IE. The problem has been confirmed by several users with several versions of IE from 9-11.
When accessing Front Page (i.e. kyl.fi/), everything works fine. But when trying to access any other page (e.g. kyl.fi/english/), user receives error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". Btw, IE has different type of error message for 404 and 500, so this is something else.
The problem occurs only with IE. When browsing with other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox, everything is working fine.
The site was working earlier without any problems with IE as well and I haven't made any changes to anything since that testing, except that WordPress was updated from 3.9 to 3.9.1.
I have tried the basic fixes already, but without success:
- Clearing browser caches and refreshing
- Re-installing WP 3.9.1 (not manually though)
- Disabling WP plugins
- Testing with Twentyfourteen theme
- Updating permalinks
- Verifying .htaccess file is ok
Some other tests I have made:
- Tried to access resources (e.g. images) in theme's directory with direct URI - working fine
- Changed IE's user-agent to Chrome - doesn't fix the problem
- Changed Chrome's user-agent to IE - problem does not occur
- Tried to access WP admin panel with IE - working fine
- Tried to access site's pages with non-rewritten URLs (e.g. kyl.fi/?p=1891) - doesn't fix the problem
I'm running out of ideas what could cause this strange behavior. Any help would be highly appreciated!