I've installed Wordpress locally using XAMPP and this step by step guide by Sunny Johal(Fifth post down on that page).
The first time I used the step by step and ran all 3 of the SQL codes(UPDATE wp_options/wp_posts), and then deleted the wp_config file(the author of the guide suggested this as the easiest way to configure the file) the page displayed it's header correctly but all text and images were displayed in a way that it looked like there was no sylesheet. Thinking I had messed something up I deleted the SQL database and started over.
Now to my knowledge I'm following the same steps the same way, but I'm getting two explicit problems:
- Wordpress is displaying an old, 2013 version of the site. It's nearly identical to the 2014 version and the posts themselves are updated but I can tell from the header that it is definitely the 2013 version.
- I've gotten to the 'delete wp_config' part of the steps but the site continues to run. I don't understand how this is possible, but looking at my localhost filesystem I can see that wp-config.php is indeed not there.
This seems to be happening each time I try now, so I'm thinking I might have picked up a bad habit that I can't seem to pinpoint. I've tried to be as detailed as possible.. If there's any more helpful information I can give please let me know