OK I'm looking for the best way to attack this.
I'm very comfortable with PHP and making custom post types with custom meta fields in WordPress.
Here is what I'm looking at doing:
- User registers and is set at subscriber by default.
- User requests from admin to have permission to custom post type.
- Admin assigns user to another permission name like "Shop Owner".
- User can now see custom post type and can make an entry to this post type.
- User can only see and edit their own post.
I need help on the following:
- How to create a new "Role" called "Shop Owner",
- How to give the correct permission to said role to only see and have access to custom post type.
- Only allow user to see and edit their own posts to this custom post type.
Ideally I would prefer this was all done from the wp-admin but I'm guessing that I might need to build a front end for this to get the finite control I'm after.
Any input is greatly appreciated.