I'm in the middle of moving to WordPress from another CMS. I definitely have to keep the links intact, which are like this:
- example.com (Redirects to /blog)
- example.com/blog (The blog, displaying all the articles)
- example.com/blog/article (A specific article)
- example.com/about (A static page)
- example.com/portfolio (Another static page)
Right now, however, only the static pages work as expected. I cannot figure out how to create a new custom "blog" page and display the blog posts on that, and how to remove the front page alltogether, making it redirect to the blog instead.
Furthermore, I'm using the zBench theme, which always displays the "Home" tab which will lead to the front page. Instead, I want my tabs like this: "Blog", "About", "Portfolio" - no "Home".
A similar question has been asked before: How to get the list of posts in a static page other than front page?
But this seems like a hack, and not really the same problem I have. I do want to display the blog on the front page, I just want to rename it in both URL and on the tab.